4.10.2012

which made me think of african masks....

Something tonight made me think
of African masks....
Not sure where the thought came from,
but it was from somewhere 
very nice...
because I love
African masks.
I would have to say that I hate Western
masks of any kind.
I loath Halloween,
and the people that love putting on masks
at that time.
Hate.
(Sorry my Halloween loving peeps.)
But masks of a reason,
of a time, of a place,
of a culture...
Like.
My buddy 
and his gallery in Aspen,
made this beautiful little 
catalog for a show he had of his photograms
of mostly African masks.
They are so beautiful,
sometimes MUCH more beautiful
than the masks themselves,
and I must say, this catalog is a gem.
So here it is,
down and dirty non-edited
late-night post
style....
Enjoy!

























Jesus,
2005?
Time flies 
when you are on a 
magic carpet ride....

Buy a copy

No comments:

Post a Comment